Email After Hours: Episode 17
Oops! We Emailed Again: Turning Email Blunders into Brand Wins
Sometimes saying ‘my bad’ can be good for business.
Oops emails. We’ve all been there.
Those embarrassing moments when a hasty typo, forgotten attachment, or premature thought is sent off to colleagues, bosses, or even an entire mailing list. In this hyperconnected age, such slip-ups are always just around the corner.
But fear not: There is a silver lining to these cringe-worthy moments. With the right strategy, brands can navigate these mistakes without losing face with their subscribers.
In this hosts-only episode, we’ll delve deep into the world of oops emails, exploring hilarious stories, handy advice, and the potential impact of these emails on subscriber engagement.
SOME EPISODE HIGHLIGHTS:
- (1:33) Why oops emails are necessary in the email ecosystem
- (02:33) Our biggest email faux pas
- (07:05) Key elements for a successful oops email
- (13:30) The right (and wrong!) way to use humor in oops emails
- (14:50) Memorable oops emails: examples that stand out
- (22:11) The importance of having a plan when apologizing
Browse other episodes…
Take your email knowledge to the next level.