Email After Hours: Episode 16
Stay out of the ‘Haus: How to Avoid Being Listed by Spamhaus
Get the secrets to staying on Spamhaus’ good side from spam slayer extraordinaire Sridhar Chandran.
Even the savviest senders can find themselves on a Spamhaus blocklist—and when ignored, these listings can seriously impact email performance.
But remember: Spamhaus are the good guys, and they’re here to help you avoid being listed. In this episode of Email After Hours, spam slayer extraordinaire Sridhar Chandran, Anti-spam Consultant at the Spamhaus Project, shares the secrets to staying on Spamhaus’ good side.
He’ll cover the importance of consent, best practices, and proper list management to maintain a good reputation. Plus, he’ll reveal emerging trends in the online threat landscape, like subscription bombing and the use of AI in email.
SOME EPISODE HIGHLIGHTS:
- (01:50) Spamhaus’ mission: A force for good
- (04:59) Common behaviors leading to listings
- (8:21) Getting delisted: steps and expectations
- (10:44) Unexpected scammer entry points: IoT Devices and compromised IPs
- (12:45) Guidelines for consent and GDPR compliance
- (15:11) The rise of informational listings and bounce handling
- (18:29) Emerging trends: AI and subscription bombing
Browse other episodes…
Take your email knowledge to the next level.