Email After Hours: Episode 22
Rethinking Customer Loyalty Programs: The Good, The Bad, and The Free Coffee
A great customer loyalty program goes beyond points and perks.
As consumers, we’re all loyal to certain brands.
Whether it’s the local coffee shop that knows our order by heart, or the hotel chain that always goes the extra mile to make us feel special, loyalty is a powerful force in the business world.
But in today’s competitive landscape (where consumers have endless options at their fingertips) brands can’t afford to be complacent. Loyalty must be earned through a give-and-take relationship with customers.
To that end, meet Adam Purslow, CEO of TheLoyaltyCo., a company that specializes in driving customer engagement and loyalty.
In this episode, we’ll explore the intricacies of loyalty programs and how they can be leveraged to build strong customer relationships
SOME EPISODE HIGHLIGHTS:
- (05:58) What is it that sets brands with excellent loyalty programs apart from the rest
- (07:01) The importance of community and care for customers in loyalty
- (08:51) Leveraging customer data without being creepy
- (11:40) Factors making loyalty harder to generate and maintain
- (13:32) Loyalty incentives that go beyond freebies and discounts
- (15:06) Using email to enhance engagement in loyalty programs
- (17:13) Loyalty challenges during the holiday season
- (23:16) Loyalty program horror stories
Browse other episodes…
Take your email knowledge to the next level.